Holistic & Dr. Sears Certified Health Coach educates families on simple, effective ways they can use to live healthier, happier lives. A blog where moms learn about nourishing foods so that they are confident and at peace with the nutrition choices they make for themselves, their babies, their families and in effect for our future generations.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Preparing for a Green Smoothie Detox!

I am planning to go on a Green Smoothie Detox from tomorrow, Monday April 7th.

I will post an update everyday but before the D-day here are some of the ground rules I plan on following.

Taking one day at a time. Life as a mom is busy and unpredictable. So instead of deciding on the number of days I need to detox (ideally it should be 21) I will just take it one day at a time. If I can do it on Day 1 I will try Day 2 and so on.

Start the day with warm water, lemon and honey.

Limit consumption of caffeine. This will be my biggest challenge. I am so used to my morning cup of tea. I wake up to tea, tea wakes me up. During my detox I will limit if not avoid my tea consumption. I hope switching to green tea helps me. Only time will tell!

Drink, drink ,drink H2O that is. Water will keep me hydrated and also help with the occasional hunger pangs.

Consume green tea, herbal tea, warm water as and when needed. I might also consume raw coconut water once a day.

Try to get atleast 30 minutes of exercise (even if that involves taking a stroll around the block).

Drink aloevera and amla juice before going to bed.

End the day with gratitude and prayer.

Relax, take it easy and listen to my body during the detox.

Now that I have some basic rules let the detox begin...


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes