Holistic & Dr. Sears Certified Health Coach educates families on simple, effective ways they can use to live healthier, happier lives. A blog where moms learn about nourishing foods so that they are confident and at peace with the nutrition choices they make for themselves, their babies, their families and in effect for our future generations.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 1_Smoothie Detox

Day 1 started on a good note.

I enjoyed a glass full of lukewarm water with lemon upon waking up. 

This was followed  by my favorite Matcha (green tea). I have started loving the taste of matcha. It took me a while to get used to it but today I can confidently say that I am addicted to the alluring and bitter taste of this premium green tea powder from Japan.  While other green teas are grown throughout the world, matcha is unique to Japan.  It is the heart of the Japanese way of tea and has been celebrated in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony for hundreds of years. 

I also add cacao butter, cinnamon and vanilla extract to my matcha. This unique combination not only tastes great but also helps fight fat keeping me satisfied and full for few hours . 



Day 1_Meal 1_Ingredients



My first meal of the day was a green smoothie with

Spinach- 1 cup,
Pineapple-1 cup,
Blueberries- 1 cup
Hemp Seeds-1 tsp
Flax Seeds-1 tsp
Orange Juice 1 cup

I wanted to add that mango (in the pic above) too but my son wanted to eat it as is and of course I can't say no to him.


The above combination gave me about 30 ounces of smoothie
Smoothie for lunch

Look at the beautiful color. I added a cupful of spinach but we really can't see the green. This is the perfect way to sneak in greens in your child's diet. My son enjoyed it! He thought it was his favorite fruit Popsicle only melted in a mason jar. It's so exciting to find out the color your smoothie reveals once blended properly.

I had this smoothie for lunch at around noon and didn't feel hungry for another 2-3 hours.

At around 3pm while I was putting my son to sleep I had a weird craving. I actually craved for chole bhatura (chickpeas and fried bread) and not just any chole bhatura but the one available at Haldiram's in Delhi. I guess I was missing my hometown at that moment.

I then decided to prepare another smoothie. As I opened the fridge to grab the ingredients I saw a salsa jar screaming my name. I don't really like salsa and it has been sitting in my fridge for at least two weeks now but at that moment I could see my name written all over it.

Without giving much thought I gathered the ingredients and made my second smoothie. I like to call it Hawaiian Delight because of the simplicity of the ingredients.

Pineapple
Spinach
Orange
Water

That's it and you get a delicious smoothie that takes care of those weird cravings.
Hawaiian Delight_Day 1_Smoothie 2


This was good enough to keep me full till dinner time.


I decided to do a savory smoothie for dinner as I was really craving salt after having sweet smoothies throughout the day.


OK! now confession time......

I did pretty good without my chai tea in the morning  but had a cup in the afternoon. I brewed the tea leaves for 5 minutes and added raw milk (no sugar of course). I had only 1 cup which is less than what I normally consume. So hopefully I will be able to improve on this too.

I also couldn't control myself from relishing the cottage cheese and peas vegetable that I had prepared for my family for dinner.

I just had 2-3 spoons but it's worth mentioning here.

I was, however, pretty full after having just two bites of the vegetable and didn't feel like eating my dinner smoothie. I just consumed 8-ounces of raw coconut water and then ended the day with a herbal tea.

Gratitude Day 1:

I thank GOD for giving me the strength to stick to my plan. I was able to overcome most of my cravings and thank my body for helping me in this process.

I also THANK all my readers for reading my blog post and commenting on it via FB, emails and messages. It is because of you that I am able to keep myself motivated.

I thank my son for being a good boy and not troubling me too much while I was on the detox.

Prayer Requests for Day 2:

Please pray that I am able to stick and do even better tomorrow.

Good Night..

P.S. If any of you is interested in doing this detox with me, please let me know. I will mail the recipes and shopping guide. No cost, just gratitude.






0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes