Holistic & Dr. Sears Certified Health Coach educates families on simple, effective ways they can use to live healthier, happier lives. A blog where moms learn about nourishing foods so that they are confident and at peace with the nutrition choices they make for themselves, their babies, their families and in effect for our future generations.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 1 of No Shampooing

I was little hesitated to experiment with "no-shampooing" but it has been good so far.

On Saturday while hubby was taking care of the little one I invested some time in preparing the cleanse and rinse. It was pretty quick. I used the following recipes courtsey of  "On Just a couple of Acres Blog" and "Instructables.com".

Baking Soda Cleansing (Shampoo)
1 quart boiling water
1/4 c. baking soda
Add the soda to the water and mix or shake until dissolved. Cool prior to use. Apply liberally to hair and scalp, shaking first if necessary. Massage into scalp and hair then rinse well.
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse (Conditioner)
1 cup water
1tbsp ACV

Combine both and shake well. After cleansing, apply all over scalp and hair. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before rinsing. If you like you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, some honey, or some lemon juice.


I also conditioned my hair with egg. So basically I mixed one egg with 1 teaspoon of water and applied the mixture on my hair. After about 15 minutes I cleansed and rinsed using the above recipes.

Experience:
Hair feel softer and shinier. I left the hair untreated on Day 2 and they look the same as Day 1, which is unusal for my hair type. However, I am not sure if this is because of the egg conditioner or the "no shampooing" treatment. Either way I like the result so far.

The above picture is taken at almost midnight on Day 2. I think the hair look manageable even at this hour. What say?

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes